Last updated: July 20, 2016
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms, then you may not access the Service.
Rules for Posting of Items in Website
- All items posted must be LEGAL (in accordance with Singapore and International Laws), and appropriate for all ages.
- All items are to be given away FREE to other users. No exchange of money is to take place between Giver and Receiver.
- These items or related items (not limited to these) are PROHIBITED from all postings: firearms and weapons, tobacco and cigarettes, alcohol, pornography, fake (non original) products, endangered animals, drugs (including medicines), food and beverage, cosmetics and toiletries that have been opened from original packaging, expired items, non-functioning items.
- All postings must NOT contain (not limited to these): politics, religions, spam, rudeness, money, malware, phishing of other members’ data, or any content that would harm or offend other users.
- Please post each item ONCE only. You can edit each of your postings. Each posting expires after 180 days (approximately six months).
Please note that any infringement of the above may cause your account to be terminated, and all your data and materials to be removed from our Website. Any posting that is illegal or harmful to society may be reported to the law authorities.
Collection of Items and Etiquette
- Collection arrangements are to be worked out between Giver and Receiver. Reuse.sg is not involved in such arrangements.
- As a Receiver of items, please accommodate to the Giver’s schedule and requests regarding the date, time and location for you to collect your item(s).
- Please be punctual when you arrange to meet up with the Giver to collect the item(s). Please reschedule in advance (at least one day’s notice) if you know that you are unable to make it for the appointment.
- As a rule of thumb, please collect your item within seven days from the Giver, upon Giver’s confirmation of giving the item to you as the Receiver, unless the Giver indicates otherwise.
- Between Receiver and Giver, please communicate well and adequately, to avoid any misunderstanding.
- If you would like the Giver to mail small and light item to you, and upon agreement with Giver, please mail a stamped self-addressed envelope to your Giver. Please ensure that postage is adequate (check item’s weight with Giver) on the self-addressed envelope and that your address is clearly written with a permanent ink marker. SingPost’s mail rates are listed here: http://www.singpost.com/send-documentparcel/postage-rates.html. Postage is to be borne by the Receiver. Unless item is mailed via pre-paid registered post, there is a possibility that the mail can be delayed or lost in transit. The Giver is not be blamed or held responsible for any non-delivery of item.
- For bulky items (e.g. furniture), the cost of getting a mover to transport a bulky item will be borne by the Receiver.
- Please do not harass (over email, phone, or in person) any user of this Website.
Safety Measures During Meet-up for Collection of Item(s)
- Do meet at public places for the collection of item(s), e.g. outside MRT stations, in malls, at coffee shops, or at places frequented by people.
- If possible, do not arrange the meet-up at your home. If not possible (e.g. giving away bulky items such as furniture), ensure you are not alone at home during the meet-up.
- Do not follow the person you are meeting to non-crowded or non-public places.
- Do not accept a ride from the person you are meeting.
- Do not give money to the person you meet. You do not have to pay anything to receive any item from a Giver from this website. All items listed in this Website are to be given out FREE.
- Beware of scammers who ask you for personal information, such as bank account details. Do not provide them with such information. Inform the police.
- If anyone tries to extort money from you during a meet-up, inform the police.
Reuse.sg is not responsible and not liable for any incident that may occur when users of this Website meet up for collection of item(s). All users are to exercise vigilance and stay safe.
When you create a user account with us, you must provide us with information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for all activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately in writing upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
Copyrights and Trademarks
Unless otherwise noted, all materials including without limitation, logos, brand names, images, designs, photographs, video clips and written and other materials that appear as part of our Website are copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property whether registered or unregistered (“Intellectual Property”) owned, controlled or licensed by Reuse.sg.
Our Website as a whole is protected by copyright and trade dress. Nothing on our Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Intellectual Property displayed or used on our Website, without the prior written permission of the Intellectual Property owner. Reuse.sg aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
The names and logos of Reuse.sg may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on our Website, without prior, written permission from Reuse.sg. Reuse.sg prohibits use of any logo of Reuse.sg or any of its affiliates as part of a link to or from any website unless Reuse.sg approves such link in advance and in writing. Fair use of our Intellectual Property requires proper acknowledgment. Other product and company names mentioned in our Website may be the Intellectual Property of their respective owners.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Reuse.sg.
Reuse.sg has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Reuse.sg shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
Postings on our Website are made at such times as Reuse.sg determines in its discretion. You should not assume that the information contained in our Website has been updated or otherwise contains current information. Reuse.sg does not review past postings to determine whether they remain accurate and information contained in such postings may have been superseded.
The information and materials in our website are provided for your review in accordance with the notices, terms and conditions set forth herein. These materials are not guaranteed or represented to be complete, correct or up to date. These materials may be changed from time to time without notice.
Advertising and Sponsorship Policy
Part of the Reuse.sg Website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion in the Reuse.sg Website complies with relevant laws and codes.
Reuse.sg reserves the right to refuse to run any advertisement that, in our sole discretion, is not suitable for publication in Reuse.sg website.
Reuse.sg will not be responsible to you or your company for any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship material.
Reuse.sg shall not be liable for any loss of information caused as a result of any interruption, suspension or termination of Reuse.sg Services or for Reuse.sg content, accuracy or quality of information available or transmitted through Reuse.sg Services.
You acknowledge and agree that it is not Reuse.sg’s policy to exercise editorial control over and to edit or amend any data or contents of any emails or posting or any information that may be inserted or made available or transmitted to or from a third party in or through Reuse.sg Website and/or Services.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Reuse.sg, owners, employees and volunteers, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your use of our Website or any Contracts or Services you purchase through it.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 15 days’ notice prior to any new Term taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.